Title of Award:
International Student House & London Metropolitan University Scholarship Scheme
Scholarship is available each year for a master’s degree in any subject (Applicant must first be accepted into the degree course) at London Metropolitan University, UK, for Nepalese applicants from Islington College Kathmandu.
Applicants may apply for the Scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of Nepal
- Completed and Obtained a London Metropolitan University Undergraduate degree with a 1st Class honors at Islington College Kathmandu
- Applying to pursue a full-time residential Master course of study at London Metropolitan University in the UK
All applications must be made in the same year of an applicant’s graduation date.
Applications for the Scholarship must reach Islington College Kathmandu – Student Services Department, adhering to the following.
Key Dates are as follows:
- Applications Open March 21, 2021
- Applications Deadline March 31, 2021
- Assessments and Interviews April 4 – 11, 2021
- Scholarship Results Announced April 16, 2021
The Scholarship covers the full cost of studying for a master’s degree at London Metropolitan University in the UK. It is one of the most generous international scholarships available and worth more than GBP 30,000.
The Scholarship covers the following costs:
- Tuition fees for a master’s degree at London Metropolitan University in the UK
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Accommodations for the duration of a master’s degree course
- Living expenses for the duration of a master’s degree course
Application Link – https://forms.gle/CPDX31w5q5M1RoTTA
Although each scholar is understandably different, there are 3 common qualities which the various selection committees look out for:
All scholars are expected to be academically outstanding with the ability to make a significant contribution to society in their field of interest.
All scholars are expected to be able to demonstrate a clear ability to lead; envision the future, engage with others, execute with excellence.
A Commitment to Improve Lives in Nepal
All scholars are expected to use their knowledge and talents for the benefit of society and their fellow countrymen.
There are 3 stages in the selection process to ensure that all scholars meet the highest selection criteria.
Applicants are shortlisted based on their academic and extra-curricular records as well as their personal statement and references by the Islington College Course Leaders and Student Services and RTE Managers.
Applicants are invited to attend an assessment exercise followed by an individual interview with senior management of Islington College.
The final 3 applicants will be undergo further evaluation and the final decision will be made by senior London Metropolitan University academics and officers.