Title of Award:
International Student House & LondonMetropolitan UniversityScholarship Scheme
One Scholarship is available each year from Autumn 19 for a Master degree in any subject (Applicant must first be accepted into the degree course) at London Metropolitan University, UK,for Nepalese applicants from Islington College Kathmandu.
Applicants may apply for the Scholarshipif they meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of Nepal
- Completed and Obtained a London Metropolitan UniversityUndergraduate degree with a 1st Class or 2nd Upper Class honors at Islington College Kathmandu
- Applying to pursue a full time residential Master course of study at London Metropolitan University in the UK
All applications must be made in the same year of an applicant’s graduation date.
Applications for the Scholarshipmust reach Islington College Kathmandu – Student Services Department, adhering to the following.
Key Dates are as follows:
- Applications Open October 9, 2018
- Applications Deadline October 31, 2018
- 1st Round Shortlisted Candidates Announced November 3, 2018
- Assessments and Interviews 4th and 5th November, 2018
- 2nd Round Shortlisted Candidates Announced November 15, 2018
- 3rd Round Final Selection by LondonMet November 30, 2018
- Scholarship Results Announced December 7, 2018
The Scholarshipcovers the full cost of studying for a Master degree at London Metropolitan University in the UK. It is one of the most generous international scholarships available and worth more than GBP 30,000.
The Scholarship covers the following costs:
- Tuition fees for a Master degree at London Metropolitan University in the UK
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Accommodations for the duration of a Master degree course
- Living expenses for the duration of a Master degree course
Applicants must submit the following documents to apply for the Scholarship:
- 2 Essay Questions: 500 Word Limit Each.
- Note: Word Count beyond 500 will not be considered.
- Essay 1:Describe your specific career aspirations and your reason for pursuing a postgraduate qualification.
- Essay 2: Describe a situation in which you led a team. What challenges did you face, and how did you overcome them?
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- London Metropolitan University Academic Transcripts
- 2 References (1 Academic, 1 Personal)
- All references should provide an assessment of the applicant’s suitability for the Scholarship and may cover the following intellectual capacity and analytical skills, communication and presentation skills, leadership and teamwork skills.
Although each scholar is understandably different, there are 3 common qualities which the various selection committees look out for:
All scholars are expected to be academically outstanding with the ability to make a significant contribution to society in their field of interest.
All scholars are expected to be able to demonstrate a clear ability to lead; envision the future, engage with others, execute with excellence.
A Commitment to Improve Lives in Nepal
All scholars are expected to use their knowledge and talents for the benefit of society and their fellow countrymen.
There are 3 stages in the selection process to ensure that all scholars meet the highest selection criteria.
Applicants are shortlisted based on their academic and extra-curricular records as well as their personal statement and references by the Islington College Course Leaders and Student Services and RTE Managers.
Applicants are invited to attend an assessment exercise followed by an individual interview with senior management of Islington College.
The final 3 applicants will be undergofurther evaluation and the final decision will be made by senior London Metropolitan Universityacademics and officers.